Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Special Feature: Interview with a werewolf.

About a month ago, I had a random encounter with a stranger in a local retail shop. We ended up discussing our favorite scents of incense, and left the store with each other's cell phone numbers. While texting me the same night, he professed his secret to me: He was a werewolf. Of course, I'm a bit skeptical, but somewhat intrigued. I got him to agree to a quick interview. Due to the nature of this topic and the criticism from less understanding parties, his identity will be kept anonymous. Note: The interview below is not direct quotes. They are closely matched summaries and paraphrases, due to his vague answers.


We met in a local second hand bookshop. Calmly sitting there with my accomplice Bridie, Macbook in hand, he loped in. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned, revealing olive toned skin, his chest adorned with celtic looking pendant. He was moderately attractive, clothed in modern, non descriptive clothing. To the naked eye, he looked extremely normal. The type of person you could pass on the street without taking a second look. He sat down, nodded a greeting to my friend and I, and started the interview.

Me: How did you figure you were a werewolf?

Lycoan: When I finally met my tamer (when a Wiccan is born, there’s a wolf spirit that becomes a spirit guide for said individual.)  Hearing, smelling, tasting, and ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) became more heightened and sensitive. I was at my lake house, and there was one night that I dreamed I was hunting, and I woke up to a mutilated deer carcass outside.

Me: Alright. What are some of the repercussions of being a loup-garou (French for werewolf)?

Lycoan: Takes a lot of control to be a werewolf. You're usually alone, until you create your own pack. You never really have any true control over your fate or destiny. It's always up to someone or something else. I tend to randomly wake up in different places.

Me: So.. Have you had any criticism about your claims?

Lycoan: No one really knows. I wanted to tell you because it’s been so long that I’ve been alone and unable to tell my story to anyone.

Me: How many people know, besides me?

Lycoan: 5 people know through experience. 10 people know through hear-say.

Me: How do people usually react when you tell them?

Lycoan: Not very well.. I've been institutionalized three times.

Me: Uh.. Well. Uhm. What's fact and what's fiction?

Lycoan: We don't change on the full moon. It's usually random with no direct time period.

Alright, readers. Thanks for visiting! There's another interview coming up in the next day, and tonight, Psychopomp Paranormal Society is doing their first formal investigation at Bachelor's Grove, located in Midlothian, IL. Pictures and stories will be updated with tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment